"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Whip It.....

Best of luck to us.... my dear friend Jenn-Jenn (hyphenated name for separation purposes.. I know way too many Jenns)  posted about her workout woes and boy-o-boy do I understand her pain!!
I have a wedding to attend this summer and girl, I NEEEEDDDDD to look spectacular!!! So here's to dropping the cheeseburger and replacing with a chicken salad, no dressing (ewwww) lol, just the thought makes me hate it!! lol. I have honestly gained far too much weight in the past, gee, um, four years???? I went through my "skinny" photos and am not a fan of the many chins I have acquired!!! So on to the battle. Making it to the gym has never been my cup of tea.. Although I know it's all in my head, the uncomfortable waiting for a machine and then balancing my act on one while others watch with their thoughts, doesn't settle well for me. Then there is the treadmill at home... problem? my knees are killing me on it. Oh and sure, I can use the eliptical that is buried deep in the garage. I'll get it tomorrow, then tomorrow, then tomorrow. EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES!!
I'm done with the excuses.. I will get on this workout.. and Jenn if ur with me, we can guide each other.. sort of like Alcoholics' sponsors...lol.. when we think about veering in the what i'll call "fat lady" direction expect a text or a call.. and helping words of goal achievements would be much appreciated!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post!!! The pic is hilarious. We should do a weekly, bi-weekly post to let our fellow bloggers know how were doing,ya??? Good luck & I know you can do it..Keep me updated!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deal.. however, at the moment, I'm terrified of scales...lol.. so updates on my chin status will be all u get!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! love love love it! I am also trying to lose 15 more pounds aye.

    But you can still have salad dressing! My favorite in the whole world is wishbone salad spritzers in balsamic breeze. So good and one calorie a spray.

    Also www.myfitnesspal.com is amazing! It helps you plan how long it will take to reach your goal weight and sets a daily calorie goal taking into account fat, protein, carbs, and fiber. Super awesome and free! access it from a free iphone app as well. Maybe BB too? Not sure.

    Oh and I stand by FitnessMagazine's workouts!! Always make you break a sweat and feel sore and strong after they're done!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunches Beth... I receive now a free subscription to Self Magazine.. thanks to my shopping habits it's a years subscription for free (buy over $50 worth of merchandise get a subscription) lol.. and the workouts they advertise kick my butt for sure!! good luck with ur 15. :) and I'll keep u all updated!! :)

    ReplyDelete